STV Studios Limited, a company registered in Scotland (company number SC139254), with registered office at Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ (“STV Studios”). STV Studios is the data controller responsible for looking after your personal data in line with data protection and privacy laws. This is STV Studios’ Privacy Notice.
We are committed to ensuring your privacy and protecting the data we hold about you. This Privacy Notice explains how we do this and describes how and when STV Studios collects and processes your personal data.
Please note that we update our Privacy Notice from time to time, so please take a fresh read through every so often. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our micro site, or by some other means of contact such as email.
- What data is collected and when?
The type of information that may be collected will vary depending on the means by which we collect it and includes:
Contact Data: Any personal data you provide to us if you sign up for updates on our website or if you get in touch via email, phone or post with any comments or questions. This personal data will include things like name, address, email address, telephone number and job title.
Analytical Data: Information about how you use our website including, for example, the frequency of your visits, the time you spend viewing our Content, and your preferences relating to our Content.
You may ask us to amend your details by e-mailing us directly at email@example.com. We will then process your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- How and why we collect data
Data protection and privacy laws permit us to collect and use your personal data on a limited number of grounds. The key grounds upon which we rely are one or more of the following:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (please see below for more info).
What do we mean by “Legitimate Interest”? In certain situations, we collect and use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business profitably and efficiently and which does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
- In order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
To enable us to comply with legal obligations and our legitimate interests of ensuring we can communicate with our website users, we will process Contact Data to enable us to respond to correspondence from website users.
- Sharing of personal data
We share your data where we are required or permitted to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party or our users.
We require any organisations we share your data with to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and our strict instructions. We do not allow such third parties
to further use or share your personal data. We also require them to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place.
- Links to other sites
To inform and enhance your experience when on website, we may provide links to other organisations’ websites who apply their own privacy notices. Please note that this Privacy Notice will not apply to any such website. We do not control, or have any responsibility for, them.
- Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct
marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent to our sending you marketing emails where we base email marketing on consent.
- Make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK
supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us in writing. Contact details can be found below.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as you are happy to receive contact from us or for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Contact details
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Governance Manager at STV Studios Limited, Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1PQ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 20 August 2020
Read our Applicant / Contributor Privacy Notice here.